Date:      Sun, 21 Jun 2020 08:36:27 -0400
From:      Chris Nehren <cnehren@pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Buildworld and buildkernel with very slow compilation, recently

On Sunday, June 21, 2020 8:11:15 AM EDT Michael Grimm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am following FreeBSD 12.1-STABLE.
>
> Clang has been upgraded to version 10.0.0 on May, 1st, and ever since that
> time, I do observe a dramatic increase in compilation times of building
> world, kernel and ports. I didn't benchmark the exact times, but
> compilation times are at least increased by a factor of 1.5. Nothing has
> changed of the last month besides upgrading 12.1-Stable every other week.
>
> Has anyone else been bitten by this?

I don't have measurements to corroborate this, but here's a mailing list
thread where folks are talking about it (split across two URLs, the OP posted
in April and then there was a followup in May):

http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2020-April/140938.html
https://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2020-May/141482.html

So there definitely seems to be *something* going on, and you are indeed not
crazy. :)