Date:      Wed, 19 May 1999 11:24:25 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
To:        Nicole Harrington <nicole@nmhtech.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, Benjamin Greenwald <beng@lcs.mit.edu>
Subject:   Re: Reboots w/ new ahc code

On Tue, May 18, 1999 at 07:03:42PM -0700, Nicole Harrington wrote:

> >> Unfortunately, it just reboots.  No warning, no information.
> >>
> > Be a hacker!
> >
> > Try to back out the latest Justin's (gibbs@freebsd.org) commit,
> > rebuild the kernel (you don't need to run ``make depend'' again),
> > and try with that kernel.
> >

>  Out of curiosity, and the likely need to do this myself, how does one "back
> out" of a commit change or CVsup level?
>

>  Thanks!
>

>    Nicole

Well, you should have a local CVS repository for this purpose.
Then you could issue a ``cvs update'' command.  ``man cvs'',
``info cvs'' for details.

As for this particular problem with Adaptec, the bug has already
been fixed, and the fix is included into 3.2-RELEASE.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov		Sysadmin and DBA of the
ru@ucb.crimea.ua	United Commercial Bank