Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2000 13:31:42 -0500
From:      "Martin MacT" <martinm@visualedge.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Newbies" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>, "Yong Lim" <yong@csfi.com>
Subject:   Re: root backspace

hmmm... I'm somewhat stymied then...

    a Window Maker Xterm is still just an Xterm, and what'll determine how
characters behave is the shell attached to said term as well as X's kb
config... But you say root has the problems only OUTSIDE of X, meaning X
hasn't misconfigured your kb...  Also, you should have only one X installed,
used by all users so if the problem were with X, everyone would have it...
hmmm...

    I don't mean to be stupid, but have you tried "/usr/local/bin/bash"
rather than tcsh?  I seem to recall having no problems with tcsh, but...

    You might want to try throwing this one to
freebsd-questions@freebsd.org.... Those people are all smart and stuff (as
in not all newbies).