Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 1996 03:46:02 +1000 (EST)
From:      michael butler <imb@asstdc.com.au>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad 560 + -current

> >  .. but when I run "apmconf -e", it prints "called apm_event_enable()"
> > and panics. It will do so with or without PCMCIA cards inserted,

> Ok, can you try rebuilding apm.c with 'APM_DSVALUE_BUG' defined?  Note,
> someone just pointed out a possible bug that may be affecting alot of
> folks but I need to track it down first, so I spent the night updating
> my 755C to -current.  I'll be testing out a possible fix for the bug on
> both my NEC and works' ThinkPad.

Now works (:-)) .. with APM_DEBUG still defined but superfluous devices
removed ..

 I typed "apmconf -e"

APM ioctl: cmd = 0x20005005
called apm_event_enable()
Received APM Event: PMEV_NOEVENT
Received APM Event: PMEV_POWERSTATECHANGE
Received APM Event: PMEV_NOEVENT
last message repeated 19 times
Received APM Event: PMEV_POWERSTATECHANGE
Received APM Event: PMEV_NOEVENT
last message repeated 6 times

 I typed "apmconf -d"

APM ioctl: cmd = 0x20005006