Date:      Wed, 2 Jul 1997 20:02:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>, Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, ache@nagual.pp.ru, skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu, current@FreeBSD.ORG, jdp@FreeBSD.ORG, xaa@stack.nl
Subject:   Re: CVSUP and CVS branches: bug?

On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > Half-serious suggestion... why not ask Perforce if they would like
> > to "donate" their source management system for FreeBSD's non-commercial
> > use? Not likely, but anyway here's a ref to it:
>
> They've already offered us the server for $1 on freefall and an
> unlimited number of clients, for whomever wants to use the repository
> maintained there.  Any other group using FreeBSD non-profit also gets
> the same $1/server deal, so they can run their own repositories.
> Our CVSmeister personally likes perforce.
>
> Truly, the barriers here are not technical or financial, they're
> political. :-)
>
> 					Jordan

  Except the license seems to deny not only commerical use or perforce
(not a big deal, when working on free software), but to any commercial
organiation.  So if I want to use perforce to maintain some patches (for
example long user-names in 2.2-stable), I can't.

  However, the eval version may be suitable for that kind of thing...

Tom