Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2005 19:18:31 +1100
From:      Rob B <rbyrnes@mailshack.com>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
Cc:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call for testers: please test 4.11-RC1 on your Alpha

At 01:23 AM 9/01/2005, Wilko Bulte wrote:
>On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 10:41:23PM +1100, Rob B wrote..
> > At 02:12 AM 31/12/2004, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> > >Hi
> > >
> > >We need more testing done on the various Alpha models for
> > >the upcoming 4.11 release.
> > >
> > >Please check out http://people.freebsd.org/~wilko/testhw.html
> > >to see what Alpha models have been tested sofar.
> > >
> > >If you do not have spare disk capacity to do an install onto,
> > >by all means at least test a boot into the installer.  This
> > >ensures we do not end up with uncaught boot / loader problems.
> > >
> > >The installer as such as works OK in testing sofar.
> >
> > Are there floppy images of 4.11RC2 available?  I can't seem to find them
> > thus far.  If I can get the floppies, I can boot into the installer on my
> > PC64 and Miata.
>
>I sofar only had uploaded the ISO images.  Per your suggestion I am
>uploading the ftp bits (these include the floppy images etc) at the moment.
><snip>
>Please let me know how it goes once the stuff is available.  Oh, this is
>RC2 that I am uploading right now, not RC1.

RC2 floppies boot fine on PC64, installer appears to behave itself.  This
box is currently runnint 5.3-STABLE do I can't go much further.

Cheers,
Rob

--
The comments & opinions expressed herein are my own and NOT those of my
employer, who, if he knew I was sending emails and surfing porno sites,

This is random quote 1006 of 1264.

Distance from the centre of the brewing universe
[15200.8 km (8207.8 mi), 262.8 deg](Apparent) Rennerian

Public Key fingerprint = 6219 33BD A37B 368D 29F5  19FB 945D C4D7 1F66 D9C5