Date:      Mon, 7 Jun 2021 08:10:22 +0200
From:      Juraj Lutter <otis@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Updating to FreeBSD-current, can't mount -uw / : update: seemingly solved

> On 7 Jun 2021, at 02:15, Thomas Mueller <mueller6722@twc.com> wrote:
>=20
> I updated a FreeBSD-current to the newest FreeBSD-current/14, =
buildworld took 11:15 (hours:minutes), buildkernel was also successful, =
I even appeared to be successful with "dhclient re0".
>=20
> UPDATING file says to boot single-user after buildkernel and =
installkernel, but then mount -u / or mount -uw / does not work as it =
did in previous times.
>=20
> Results were
>=20
> mount -uw / or mount -u / produces=20
> fstab: /etc/fstab:2: Inappropriate file type or format
> fstab: /etc/fstab:2: Inappropriate file type or format

Bacause swap entry is in inapropriate format.

The line should read:

/dev/gpt/Sea1-18	none	swap	sw	0	0

otis

=E2=80=94