Date:      Tue, 8 Oct 1996 16:38:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bradley Dunn <dunn@harborcom.net>
To:        Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Lamb.net>
Cc:        isp@FREEBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question about networks

I think it is BS. Being in Alameda I would think you should have a
plethora of clueful upstream alternatives. Check
http://thelist.iworld.com/areacode/510.html
and just go down the list searching for a provider who meets your needs.

In the US most providers will allocate you address blocks based on need,
and will then route those for you as part of the standard bandwidth
charge. Charging for routing may be a reality some day, but at this point,
in the US at least, it is rare.

And help me out here with the math. A /19 is 32 "class Cs", right? 32 *
$100 = $3200. So they charge more for aggregation? That is *total* BS.

-BD (not BS :)