Date:      Wed, 5 Dec 2001 22:41:22 +0100 (CET)
From:      rupp@coredump.at
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install problem on AS200 4/166

> Are you using a serial console?

I tried serial, graphics (i.e., text output on the graphics card),
and headless (serial without any card).

>  TGA support isn't in 4.4-RELEASE
> If you want to actually be able to use the TGA for a graphics console,

If you mean "graphics console" as in "X", I don't care about X.
If you mean "for text output", I don't understand. When I boot
into the installation, it works, the kernel boots, and it comes to
copying files. If I could not use TGA in any case, it should not work
that far - should it?

And it freezes with serial console also, anyway.

Wolfgang