Date:      Sun, 13 Apr 1997 00:17:00 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DES Challenge

On Sat, 12 Apr 1997, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> According to The Hermit Hacker:
> > 	Have you tried the bovine proxy stuff?  My machine hasn't had
> > to sit idle waiting for anything since I switched...we're currently
> > ranked 2nd on the bovine stats, just behind best.net, with 3rd not even
> > coming *close* to competing...and there are approx 6 proxy servers
> > currently running...
>
> I'm using the Bovine proxy stuff too and it is working perfectly. Haven't
> missed a key block for days now.

	Well, its just been reported that daver@dis.org just came back on
board as well, with, from what I can tell, 3 more FreeBSD boxes :)  Nope,
four of them.  3 Pentium Pros and 1 P133 :)

	According to the bovine stats, we are about 1.27Mkeys/sec behind
crackerz@best.net, and approx. 6900 blocks, so we have a bit of catching
up to do...our closest 'competitor' is 17k blocks behind  us, and doing
3.1Mkeys/sec less...so we don't have much of a chance of losing 2nd...just
wish we could push over that 1st place marker...Jordan? :)  We need you...?

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org