Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 1997 08:31:47 +0000
From:      "David Edwards" <david@portanc.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        tom@portanc.com, david@portanc.com
Subject:   Pentium 200 Lockup Problem

Hi,
Yesterday, I emailed info about FreeBSD 2.2.2  panic-ing on a Pentium
200, 64K mem. ,with a  Number Nine Reality 332 video card.

I am running an Apache Httpd Server, an X window Server, a mail
server on this system.

The Generic FreeBSD 2.2.2 release was panic-ing and rebooting,
causing the filesystems to be manually fsck -ed.

I added the following options to the kernel config file,
and so far the machine has been up for 14 hours, without a panic.

options 	CHILD_MAX=128
options      OPEN_MAX=128
options      "MAXDSIZ=(256*1024*1024)"
options      "DFLDSIZ=(256*1024*1024)"
options      SYSVSHM
options      SYSVSEM
options      SYSVMSG
options     DB_UNATTENDED

I don't know which one of these fixed the problem. But I wanted to
let you know.

thanks,
David Edwards
david@portanc.com