Date:      Mon, 13 Aug 2001 12:35:40 -0700
From:      "Shaffer, Gary R." <GARY.R.SHAFFER@saic.com>
To:        'Greg Lewis' <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>, "Shaffer, Gary R." <GARY.R.SHAFFER@saic.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG, "'grs@digiworks.com'" <grs@digiworks.com>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD JDK1.2.2 Patchset 11???

Greg,

I seem to remember that that last time I build the native jdk1.2.2 right
after patchset 10 was released, I had problems running a java based GPS
application/interface that I developed for the Garmin GPS.  Problems dealt
with JNI access to serial drivers via JavaComm that i developed for FreeBSD
and donated to the FreeBSD Java CommAPI project some time back.

I recently put together a new box (bigger, better, faster.....cheaper) and I
am getting ready to rebuild everything including the native JDK1.2.2.

Do you have a list or change log of the changes since patchset 10?

Regards,
GRS
---
Gary R. Shaffer                                 gary.r.shaffer@saic.com
Division Chief Technologist                           shafferg@saic.com
Center for Advanced Information Technology, SAIC       (v) 858-826-5746
4161 Campus Point Court, M/S E-2, San Diego California 92121