Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 1996 17:12:22 -0400
From:      "Sexton, Robert" <sextonr.crestvie@squared.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   X/Mouse/2.1.5 Wierdness

Greetings all,

(I've done lots of searches, but to no avail...)

I recently upgraded from 2.1.0-RELEASE to 2.1.5-RELEASE.

Everything, with 1 exception, works great.  Under X, when moving the
mouse across a window boundary, or panning the S3-based display,

the display basically freezes.  Drag-sizing is also broken.  Its as it
the machine gets _Really_ slow whenever an X event happens.

The mouse is attached to a 16450 based port.  I heard, wayback, that some

of the X code was unoptimized, and that this caused the problem.

The peculiar thing is that everything was just fine before the OS update.

 Any insights would be appreciated.

Robert Sexton