Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 2000 06:08:17 +0900
From:      "Akinori -Aki- MUSHA" <knu@idaemons.org>
To:        johan@ludd.luth.se
Cc:        nsayer@quack.kfu.com, freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Vmware 1.1?

Hi,

At Sun, 2 Apr 2000 22:25:13 +0200 (CEST),
Johan Larsson <johan@ludd.luth.se> wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Apr 2000, Nick Sayer wrote:
>
> > > I got vmware2 to work, but now it doesn't seem to want to boot windows98
> > > :/ Anyone else having the same problem? I got the installation finished
> > > and a login box, but i rebooted it before i logged in and now it doesn't
> > > seem to boot any more. (i did a correct reboot and not a reset ;)
> >
> > win98 works fine for me. Some more details might be helpful. What sort
> > of "disk" do you have (i.e. virtual, plain, raw?). In what way does
> > it fail to boot?
>
> It fails to boot with right after the autoexec has been run, the windows
> splash-screen just does it nice loops in the bottom of the screen.

Disabling EMM386 may help.  Have you tried that?

Press Ctrl during early DOS stage to enter the startup menu, then
choose "Step-by-step confirmation" and say no for EMM386.  (Edit
config.sys later to disable it forever)

--
                           /
                          /__  __

"If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice."