Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 06:54:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Derrick Baumer <bduk@earthlink.net>
To:        JuravlevI@khrunichev.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UDMA Mode for FreeBSD

> From: Ilya <JuravlevI@khrunichev.com>
>
>  Hi.
>  Whether it would be desirable to take an interest supports FreeBSD
>  a mode of a hard disk ULTRA DMA 33 Mb/s or 66 Mb/s...

FreeBSD fully supports UDMA drives.

>  Whether probably in a configuration of kernel to include.
>  I shall support of this mode or there is any special driver?

You might want to recompile the kernel - I don't know for sure if it
is supported "out of the box".  There are flags to set on the wd0/wd1
controller lines to activate DMA, LBA, 32bit access, and such.  Check
the LINT file for more information.

If you are unsure about how one goes about recompiling the kernel,
check out
	http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/kernelconfig.html

>  Beforehand thank for the answer.
>
> Best regards,