Date:      Thu, 07 Nov 2013 10:08:21 -0800
From:      Sean Bruno <sean_bruno@yahoo.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [iwn] my first attempt at porting cedric's hardware update patches over

--=-d7qSQa3XamAjRGLPI8Dn

On Tue, 2013-11-05 at 17:15 -0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> So:
>=20
> http://people.freebsd.org/~adrian/iwn/20131105-iwn-update-works-full-5100=
-5.diff
>=20
> This is my attempt at merging in all of Cedric's work to date, _minus_
> the PAN stuff. Ie, it's only the hardware addons. It turns out that
> it's not that big a change - a large part of the diff is just the
> config options.
>=20
> The biggest annoyance here is the calibration stuff. If the wrong
> calibration commands are sent up (ie, not all of them, in the right
> order!) then the firmware just panics after association.
>=20
> So, all I've done thus far is test it on my Intel 5100. Next is
> testing it on the 4965. After that, I'll try the 6xxx, 2xxx and 1xxx /
> 100 series stuff.
>=20
> I'd appreciate some testing of this. It's against -HEAD, so yes,
> you'll have to run -HEAD.
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20
>=20
>=20
> -adrian
g"

Initial test looks good.  I've enabled bluetooth to make sure that it
doesn't break iwn(4) and I see no issues running on wireless.

I reverted my hack to disable 11N support and iwn(4) still has serious
issues negotiating with my $DAYJOB wireless APs.  So, I'm still running
with 11N disabled for now.

sean

--=-d7qSQa3XamAjRGLPI8Dn

--=-d7qSQa3XamAjRGLPI8Dn--