Date:      Thu, 5 Nov 1998 20:58:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
To:        ventrex@UNDER.suspicion.org (Thomas Stromberg)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Grrr... calcru: negative time blah blah blah

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, Thomas
Stromberg had to walk into mine and say:

> Try adding apm0 into your kernel. On my 3.0 machine I had to do that, even
> if I had Advanced Power Management turned off in the BIOS. Hopefully this
> solution will work for you.

No, sorry: no go. No APM device is detected. With APM support in
the kernel, the X server dies with 'Cpu time limit exceeded' and
the 'calcru: negative time...' errors are back. The 3.0-RELEASE
GENERIC kernel had APM support too and it also had the errors.

My money says this has something to do with the server writing to
/dev/io.

-Bill