Date:      Thu, 06 Nov 1997 11:02:18 +0200
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        Francisco Reyes <francisco@natserv.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Where to look for updates and bug info?

Francisco Reyes wrote:

> Are there mailing lists or URL where information about updates are
> placed. The type of info I am looking for is like what happend with
> sysconfig becoming rc.conf.

The announce mailing lists have announcements of all new releases (as
well as some other announcement). This change was documented in the
release notes of 2.2.2R (the first release where the change occured).

> How about a place/mailing list regarding bugs. The recent /sysinstall
> bug (corrupting rc.conf) could go undetected for a while, but it if was
> listed somewhere, it would help.

Well, first you can always search the GNATS database, and the archives
for this list to check if a bug you have is already known. In addition,
this specific bug was detailed in the errata.txt file for 2.2.2R (see
the releases page on the web site:
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/index.html).

Nadav