Date:      22 Jan 2002 10:47:35 -0800
From:      swear@blarg.net (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        Francisco Reyes <lists@natserv.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat List <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Who is www.freebsdsystems.com?

Francisco Reyes <lists@natserv.com> writes:

> Ok. so we are not blind, but not as smart as you. :-)

Speak for yourself, please.  I knew I could use whois on the domain
name, but didn't care about the info (even if correct), only about the
omission of it from the web site.  (Nonetheless, I'll admit to not being
as smart as Terry.)

> I alson don't always trust whois since many times it is either not the
> same people who actually run the site or is not up to date.

It's also risky to trust mailing info on a web site.  If the risk is
bothersome, there are ways to check it out, but I suppose most people
have to accept such risks as a cost of doing business efficiently (and
use of credit cards reduce the risk).