Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2012 19:39:03 +0100
From:      Mel Flynn <rflynn@acsalaska.net>
To:        Joseph Mingrone <jrm@ftfl.ca>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: skype-2.1.0.81,1

On 3/11/2012 18:59, Joseph Mingrone wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 14:33, Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de> wrote:
>> It sounds a bit like some NAT issue in the router and the first client
>> connecting to Skype wins. No sure, though.
>
> I'm going on a few assumptions that I'll have to verify, but a reboot
> of the router should flush the "first" client, but as of today,it's
> always the laptop client who wins and the phone who fails.

I've had issues like this when I was still using Skype. Very hard to
trace, but I had the feeling that a login gets bound to a client-id or
client version and that failed attempts to log in mark a
client-id/client version invalid. When this happened to me, I used the
website password reset feature and it would then let me sign on with the
new client.

It's a shot in the dark, but worth testing.
--
Mel