Date:      Mon, 7 Aug 2000 19:07:10 -0700
From:      David Hinds <dhinds@valinux.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ricoh RL5C475 PCI-PCMCIA adaptor and interrupts

> So it did have an IRQ listed?  OK.  I don't have one listed.  IIRC,
> the 1221 and 1225 based cards that I have do have an IRQ assigned by
> the BIOS.  Maybe that's the test we need.

No, that test doesn't work: it is a BIOS feature, not a property of
the card.  Some BIOS variants will always assign PCI interrupts to
CardBus bridges; some never will.  Both are found on both desktop and
laptop systems.  There was a window of time where it was standard to
do the interrupt assignment; but newer systems generally will not do
it for CardBus bridges.  This behavior is part of the "PC99" spec.

-- Dave