Date:      Wed, 08 Nov 2000 00:23:47 -0700 (PST)
From:      Nicole <nicole@unixgirl.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Program keeps crashing server

 Hi All
 OK I have a stupid question.

 Q> What allows a program to crash/reboot a server?

 I have a program that I am running to compute apache logs and on many
occasions it will cash the server.  It is being run by the apache server
username. I have setup login.conf with process limits. Top running and freezing
at the time of the death does not seem to show excessive memory use. Absolutly
no swap use. Only that the CPU usage percentage is Very high. Load seems to
stay at ~1.0

 So.. What can I check or monitor? What kind of limits can I use without
strangling the program?

 Any help much appreciatted

  Thanks!

    Nicole