Date:      Tue, 25 Oct 2011 22:50:54 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: iotop (dtrace?)

--3uo+9/B/ebqu+fSQ

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 10:34:39PM +0200, Stefan Bethke wrote:
> I've got two systems with a constantly high rate of disk I/O that sometim=
es seems to be overwhelmed from it.  Before trying to decide if a hardware =
upgrade will help, I'd like to figure out which processes generate the load.
>=20
> I've found a couple scripts named iotop which appear to produce what I wo=
uld be interested in, but they appear to require Solaris or Linux.=20
>=20
> Has someone ported over one of them, or would have a suggestion how to go=
 about writing a custom dtrace script to gather this kind of information?
>=20
> I can successfully run a couple of sample dtrace scripts on these 8-stabl=
e amd64 boxes.
>=20

Can't 'top -mio' do the job?

regards,