Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2013 11:48:27 -0700
From:      John Clark <jeclark2006@aim.com>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD booting freescale P1020wlan eval board, via u-boot?

I have been running Linux on a P1020wlan board for some time, and now =
want to run FreeBSD.

I've successfully built a 'world', along with a kernel which I believe =
is configured for the MPC85XX, and using a first pass p1020wlan.dts as a
FDT setup, I think I've created an appropriate loader/kernel binary =
image.

However, no matter how I load the loader, a file seductively named =
'ubldr', or kernel, whether using the U-Boot 'bootelf' or 'go' (with =
objcopying the binary out to a *.bin file...),
I get a fatal trap early on in the process.

I've found little documentation for the powerpc line, other than ancient =
documentation when PPC and Apple were best buddies.

Is there someone who has booted the p1020rdb, or even the p1020wlan, =
eval board?

If so what is the configuration and procedure.

Thanks,
John Clark.