Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 12:27:29 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
To:        brain_damaged <brain_damaged@florida-wireless.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FWD: unable to open display

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft

brain_damaged <brain_damaged@florida-wireless.com> wrote:
>=20
> I have tried to install Xf86 and all I get our errors about the display.
> I d/l some games and stuff and get the same error.
> Stuck in the mud. Were to know ?

It's hard to tell without seeing the actual errors you're getting.
Try providing more information on this one.

> oh and one other thing. When I first setup the box
>
> I did not load the linux compat binaries. A couple of the game servers I
> would like to install (unreal and quake) require linux compat. DO I just =
go
> back and install the freebsd 4.x compat form the /stand/sysinstall ?

Yes, you can do that, or install linux compatibility from the ports. If you
install those game-servers from the ports, then it should automatically
install the dependencies (including linux compatibility).

-giorgos

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft--