Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 15:24:23 -0000
From:      "Andy [TECC NOPS]" <andy@tecc.co.uk>
To:        "Jean-Christophe Varaillon" <jcv@vbc.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: - RISCom card: lcp illegal conf-req in state initial -

OK, getting somewhere. The Cisco "clockrate" command
only works so long as the cable end connecting to it
is DCE. Now, your reply says that it's DCE. You must
make sure that it is as this is a non standard cable
confiuration for a Cisco (in normal working practice
with telcos anyway).

I am puzzled by your diagrams for connectors (a) and
(b) thou?? With that layout, how do they mate??
Also, your clock rate looks funny, it's supposed to
be in direct multiples of 64000.

OK, reading the docs/man page I see the default protocol
for the sr driver is ppp whereas I know it's hdlc for
cisco. Have you set either end so they match?

in the ifconfig command you'll need the "link2" option
to get sr to do hdlc or on the cisco specify :
(conf-int)# encapsulation ppp
in order to make the cisco do ppp.

Can you send me a full "show int s0/0" and a full
ifconfig -a please.

Regards
Andy