Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2001 15:39:35 -0500
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Socks setup for m3socks cvsup ...

Hi,
	I'm trying to get the m3socks cvsup combination
working. I've compiled up the cvsup and install the module-3-socks
stuff.

	My socks server is Socks 5 and it has SOCKS_V4SUPPORT
defined. When I try to connect I get:

$ m3socks  /usr/local/bin/cvsup -g /etc/cvsupfile
Cannot connect to cvsup3.FreeBSD.org: Connection refused
Will retry at 15:34:28

And the messages file on the server is:
Jul 13 15:30:34 s5server Socks5[29417]: Auth Failed: (10.20.56.82:1075)

rftp connects up from the sam machine.

I have:
auth - - n

in socks5.conf on the server.

Any help?

While I'm at it. How to I get fetch (or ports) to use the proxy
(socks, http, delegated, whatever).

--
"I am returning this otherwise good typing paper to you because someone
 has printed gibberish all over it and put your name at the top."