Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:14:45 +0100
From:      Christian Hiris <4711@chello.at>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vmnet1 vmneet2 etc

--nextPart2033999.jzYyRQjpFK

On Monday 31 January 2005 22:25:22, dick hoogendijk wrote:
> I lost all mail in transferring my system to another harddisk.
>
> I had the answer stored somewhere. Now it's gone. ;-(
> I want to run three virtual vmware machines on one host. It was
> something with different vmnet and the option custom, but I can't figure
> out how exactly.. Any link or info?

=46or vmware3 take a look into
/usr/local/share/doc/vmware/MultipleInstaces.FreeBSD.

In the virtual machines interface config dialog select type "Custom" and=20
allocate your interfaces (/dev/vmnet1, /dev/vmnet2, etc.) to your vmware=20
instances. =20

Some config and routing issues were discussed in the emulation list:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-emulation/2004-July/thread.html#=
482

Cheers,
ch