Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 1995 15:22:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com (Joe Greco)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: large filesystems/multiple disks [RAID]

> As part of my "researching", I ran across
>
> ftp://csvax.cs.caltech.edu/pub/stripe.tar
>
> which might be somewhat helpful - a rather dated (4.2?) attempt at
> a simplistic striping device driver.

Any one want to buy my Quantum Empire 2100 for $800, it's less than 120 days
old, as I am now going to sell it off and go buy 4 very fast 500MB
drive and make a stripe driver out of this code :-).

The drive has a 5 year warranty, so it's not like your buying a very
used drive.  Or make me an offer if you think $800 is too much for
it.

My DAT drive should be in next week so I am not worried about disk
failure causing me to lose data with stripped disks.

I have read the code in stripe.tar, it should be a day or twos work
to get it up and running under FreeBSD.