Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 1996 13:19:26 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ownership of files/tcp_wrappers port

Paul Traina wrote:
> They're gone...sorry, I shit-canned eBones/kerberos here in favor of ssh.
> You'll have to gen a copy of the patches by hand by using a copy of the pl9
> and pl10 distributions, since ted never posted patches (you might ask him
> if he has done so since, tytso@mit.edu).

Will do. Ta.

> Let's separate the issue here,  perhaps we can come to some sort of
> compromise.  I would have little if any objection to putting optional
> calls to libwrap into our existing code in the same fashion we do stuff
> with with other optional parts of the system.  In other words, if you
> wanted to add access control checking to YP or NFSD, and you put in
> conditional code that is only invoked if /usr/local/lib/libwrap.a is
> present, I won't barf all over my feet.

You mean put something like

.if (wrappers_lib_exists_in_local)
SUPPORT_WRAPPERS	= yes
.endif

in the appropriate Makefiles?

> Reasonable compromise?

Yup. (And they said the art of negotiation was dead!)

Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
+27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200
Finger mark@grondar.za for PGP key