Date:      Thu, 06 Jan 2000 10:22:57 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Alex <ak@freenet.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-committers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0 code freeze scheduled for Jan 15th

In message <38748CE5.AD1AD786@freenet.co.uk> Alex writes:
: - Better laptop (PC card) support, possibly Cardbus (Warner Losh)

Won't happen by Jan 15th unless someone my boss comes into my office
today and tells me to work on nothing else except pccard/cardbus for
the next 9 days.  The old pccard code will be it.

There are a number of bugs in the old pccard support right now:
	o xe broken and waiting for some minor hacking on sys/pccard
	  files.
	o ep relying on its timeout routine
	o ep broken for newer cards
	o fdc support for ye_data not there
	o fe not working due to no conversion to newbus
	o ISDN support for pccard unknown status
	o aic pccard support from 2.x not present afaik.
	o sio eject while active may result in hangs.  Not sure if
	  this is still true.

Warner