Date:      Sun, 3 May 1998 19:19:00 -0400
From:      steven <redeye3@mindspring.com>
To:        "'multimedia@freebsd.org'" <multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Fxtv part 2

Hi guys,

    I finally got the bt848 driver to recognise the Hauppauge win/tv card correctly. Thanks but the lock up problem still persists. I've tried everytip on the mail archive and still it locks up X completely.

   The system does not die since sound still streams thru but no keyboard, mouse or video activity.. only turning the machine off fixes it ;-)

   Ideas?

Steven

System details. AMI 727 motherboard, P166 cpu (Intel) 512 cache, Orchid S3V 2meg video card (pci) 64meg ram, etc...

PS: I tried reducing PCI bus latencies, turning off vgp pallette snoop etc...