Date:      Wed, 27 May 1998 09:14:42 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Arisandy <sandy@divre5.telkom.co.id>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Squid ?

Arisandy wrote:

> I'll try to install squid for cache server on my ppp on demand box...
> but there is warning ->fdstat_update:re-opening biggest_FD?
> and error -> /usr/local/squid/logs/access.log : (13) permission denied
> cannot open logfile...........
>
> what is access .log ? when i install squid...there is no file for
> access.log?
>
> thanks,

That's probably why your getting the error... I'm not too sure about the
'opening biggest_FD' error - it may be harmless...

To fix the other error you need to make sure you have all the directories
'/usr/local/squid/logs' on your system, Go into that directory and do 'touch
access.log' - then you need to chown the access log so it's owned by
whichever user SQUID is running as e.g. 'chown nobody access.log'.

Alternatively look through your SQUID config file, and get it to put the
logs somewhere different... I keep mine in '/var/log' - but I still have to
make sure there is a file there (even if it's zero byte) that's writeable by
Squid for it's logs, before starting it...

Regards,

Karl