Date:      Fri, 28 Oct 2011 10:55:17 +0200
From:      Alberto Villa <avilla@freebsd.org>
To:        Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, kde@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 9.0 amd64 RC1 and KDE4

--nextPart2248259.HxzgsayBmr

On Thursday 27 October 2011 02:34:11 Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
> In a message previously I mentioned the KDE4 problem for 8.2 amd64=20
Release
> , but that message even did not receive a single reply .

Things just may get lost, sorry.

> Install X .
> Install KDE4 .
> Login to console .
> Without an .xinitrc file , and unmodified /etc/ttys file , execute startx=
 .
> ( Do not start KDE4 directly . )
> In right xterm window of X , execute /usr/local/kde4/bin/startkde
> ( /usr/local/kde4/bin is not in path definition ) .

Done.

> Then , I do not know , but , even this will supply much information=20
about
> what is going problematic . Correction of first displayed errors and
> continuing in that way , will solve the problems one by one .

I see several kinds of messages:
=2D kcheckrunning not found in PATH... this can indeed be fixed, and I'll d=
o=20
it, but it's harmless;
=2D logs of activity... they're expected;
=2D the KSharedDataCache one, "ensure this partition...", is harmless (I'll=
=20
patch kdelibs to hide this as it's causing a lot of misunderstandings...=20
and maybe I'll just make it work on 9.x and 10.x);
=2D messages about Soprano/Akonadi/Virtuoso not being started... I guess=20
it's because they still have to start, and sure enough they disappear=20
after a while, and Akonadi/Nepomuk seem to work;
=2D X errors... well, they're due to my driver.

Apart from this, Plasma Desktop starts successfully, Amarok can play=20
music... In short, my session is fully restored. Apart from KWin, but a kwi=
n=20
=2D-replace would be needed for this.

> If KDE4 is starting directly , during waiting after display of hard disk
> symbol , discontinuation of X with Ctrl-Alt-F1 will reveal some=20
messages ,
> but last ones . Therefore , the above method is better than that=20
second
> method .

I don't understand what "starting directly" means. Anyway, if you see=20
the same messages, there's nothing wrong here as well.
=2D-=20
Alberto Villa, FreeBSD committer <avilla@FreeBSD.org>
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

COLORADO:
	Where they don't buy M & M's, 'cause they're so hard to peel.