Date:      Thu,  9 Apr 1998 10:20:46 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters <wpeters@xylan.com>
To:        esr@thyrsus.com
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Open Source Products

Eric S. Raymond writes:
 > Yes, please do.  Bear in mind, however, who I'm trying to impress.  It won't
 > help us to list anybody who's doing less than a million dollars a year in
 > business -- and I need to be able to *quote* that run rate on the page.

Thanks for providing clarification.  I'm certain Walnut Creek should
qualify, at least that would get FreeBSD on the list.  As a platform
for creating servers of any sort, FreeBSD really shines.  IMHO, it's
somewhat easier to put together a working FreeBSD server than Linux,
due to the more tightly controlled releases.  I've personally
installed FreeBSD on machines all around this area, used as intranet
servers, source code control servers based on both CVS and Perforce
(see www.perforce.com, they're big FreeBSD fans, too), and as
email/web servers for small companies with full-time internet
connectivity.

--
Wes Peters                                              Who's going to save you
Principal Engineer                                       When you're a slave to