Date:      Sun, 7 May 2000 14:51:04 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Brennan W Stehling <brennan@offwhite.net>
To:        Aleksandar Simic <alex@frustum.clara.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mixer trouble

Read the man page on pcm...

man pcm

I had lots of problems my pci sb16 card until I read that man page.  It
explained a great deal.  Depending on what you use, you will use snd0 or
snd1.  I had to use snd1 because it is a pci card.  It is explained in the
man page.

In the kernel config file (in /usr/src/) I have this...

device pcm0

The snd0 controller is commented out and so are the other devices, such as
sb0 and awe0.  pcm does it all apparently.

I had to also add a line to my /boot/kernel.conf file.  It is...

pnp 1 0 os enable port0 0x220 irq0 5 drq0 1 drq1 3

It is like different for you as I have an SB16 card.  The pcm man page
will help you here.

I hope this helps.

Brennan Stehling - web developer and sys admin
projects: www.greasydaemon.com | www.onmilwaukee.com | www.sncalumni.com

Microsoft: Will you get a macro virus today?