Date:      Thu, 20 May 1999 13:22:21 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andree Jacobson <andree@sm.luth.se>
To:        Tom Embt <tom@embt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to get AWE64 ISA PnP working?

I have the exact same card and it's working just fine... Try adding the
following to your kernel:

controller      pnp0
device pcm0 at isa? port ? tty irq 10 drq 1 flags 0x0

Remove all that other stuff that has to do with soundrivers like 'sb' and
'xvi' or whatever and just keep the above...
Recompile kernel and boot and you will find something like:

/kernel: Probing for PnP devices:
pcm1 (Soundblaster xxxx sn 0xffffffff) at 0x530-0x537 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x13 on isa

Then go to /dev and type
sh ./MAKEDEV snd1 (if at boot time it said pcm1, snd0 for pcm0)

That will create the symbolic links for dsp and the other mixers and stuff.

Enjoy.

/Andree