Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 2018 13:38:47 -0600
From:      Bill Sorenson <instructionset@gmail.com>
To:        Evan Sabin <memereferencehere@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Xserve G5 (RackMac3,1) Installation Issues on powerpc64

A long time ago I installed 10.3 onto a hard disk in a PowerMac G5 and
swapped the disk into my xserve and it's been running fine ever since. For
the life of me I can't remember why I had to do that. I had issues with
10-STABLE a while back on PPC64 and have yet to try upgrading to 10.4 but
will do so soon.

I'd burn a 10.3 disc and see if that works.