Date:      Fri, 13 Jun 1997 08:19:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <jamie@itribe.net>
To:        "Eric L." <pharaoh@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>, Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FREEBSD ON TELEVISION PROGRAM

On Thu, 12 Jun 1997, Eric L. wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Jun 1997, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
> ? Terry Lambert wrote:
> ? > It was SGI, and they didn't pay, they got placement because they
> ? > did all the computer animation for the dinosaurs.
> ? Yeah, I knew the animations were done with something like 80 SGIs (and
> ? surely they were not free). Anyway, the commercial was so artificial, I
> ? simply laughed :-).
>
> Wasn't the actual computer that was on the desktop a Mac? (a Quadra 700	if i
> remember).
>
> 	--eric lakin

There was one Mac, and a bunch of SGI Indys.  We (those of us who admin'd
Irix 5.x, the Irix of the Jurassic Park movie) laughed when the comment
was made about having never been down before.  Anyone who has any
experience at all with Irix 5.x knows it leaks memory like it was free,
and needs a good reboot to the head every so often.  And the graphical
interface the little girl was digging around in is SGI's buttonfly
environment.

Jamie Bowden

System Administrator, iTRiBE.net