Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:35:56 +0200
From:      freebsd@boosten.org
To:        David Banning <david+dated+1560785291.62018b@skytracker.ca>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: email whitelist suggestions

Op 12 jun. 2019, om 17:28 heeft David Banning =
<david+dated+1560785291.62018b@skytracker.ca> het volgende geschreven:
>=20
> I changed the IP address for my server recently having changed my ISP, =
and now mail from my server is getting continuously filtered into =
peoples spam folders.
>=20
> I check my ip address on mxtoolbox.com fairly regularly - my IP never =
appears on a blacklist.
>=20
> So now I'm thinking whitelist - but I don't have the money to lay out =
for this type of thing - at least not a large amount.
>=20
> Anyone have a suggestion as to how to resolve my problem?
>=20

Hi,=20

Many mailservers see dynamic IP addresses as =E2=80=98bad=E2=80=99 (if =
applicable in your case, of course).

you could always use your ISPs mail host as a smart relay.

Then of course you could have a valid SPF, DKIM and DMARC configuration, =
that might help as well.

Never had problems after doing all that.

Peter