Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 2003 07:05:41 -0600 (GMT)
From:      Sean Welch <welchsm@earthlink.net>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: Also interested in testing

Well, I gave it a shot.  I updated my source at around 00:30
(CST) this morning then overlayed the two files (freebsd.h
& sysv4.h) with Peter's "gcc diff" before compiling.  I used
the command specified by Benno without the three options
specified by Peter and the build bombed after compiling
quite a bit.  Here's the relevant part:

  cc -O -pipe  -Wall -DFREEBSD_ELF -I/usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf/powerpc -I/usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf -fpic -DPIC   -Wformat=2 -Wno-format-extra-args -Werror  -c /usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf/rtld.c
  cc1: warnings being treated as errors
  In file included from  /usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf/powerpc/rtld_machdep.h:32,
                   from /usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf/rtld.h:39,
                   from /usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf/rtld.c:54:
  /usr/obj/powerpc/usr/src/i386/usr/include/machine/atomic.h: In function `atomic_set_acq_8':
  /usr/obj/powerpc/usr/src/i386/usr/include/machine/atomic.h:270: warning: implicit declaration of function `powerpc_mb'
  *** Error code 1

  Stop in /usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf.
  *** Error code 1

  Stop in /usr/src/libexec.
  *** Error code 1

  Stop in /usr/src.
  *** Error code 1

  Stop in /usr/src.
  *** Error code 1

  Stop in /usr/src.

Any ideas?  This was run under my 5.0-RELEASE installation...

                                                                                       Sean