Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 16:43:47 +0200
From:      "Marc Veldman" <lurkie@wxs.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3 Com 3C509 problem

On 30-9-98, at 10:47, Caroline Beauchamps wrote:

>I  am having problems getting my 3 Com network card (3c509)  recognized
>
>When I reboot, I get the following message:
>
>ep0 not found at 0x300
>
>Do you have any idea what's wrong ?

Looks like your card is not configured at address 0x300.

two ways to solve this:

1.
Reconfigure your network card for address 0x300.
Don't forget to check the IRQ. I believe in FreeBSD
the default is IRQ 10

2.
Reconfigure your kernel to the current settings of your
network card. If you are not sure how to to this, check the handbook.

Good Luck,

Marc Veldman