Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 1995 07:43:12 -0700 (MST)
From:      clouds@rmii.com (Philip Duclos)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp again

I'll ask my question again...

The man page for ppp doesn't come close to explaining how ppp works. Yes, I
know that its a contribution from a Japanese developer and I appreciate
his work and desire to share it with us. However the -auto feature does not
autoconnect and in the interactive mode. once I'm disconnected I can't get
it to reconnect.

I strongly suspect that some portion of my configuration is incorrect however
it *does* match the suggested setup.

Auto mode means something like -

ppp -auto rmii

was added to one of your startup files. You expect ppp to autodial and connect
whenever you access a non-local node on your network.

If you were able to get ppp to work in the fashion described above, please
briefly explain how you did it.

Phil Duclos