Date:      Thu, 06 May 1999 17:00:13 +0200
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   How easily can Seagate ST15150N have their firmware upgraded?

Warning: This question is unrelated to FreeBSD.

We have a number of disks which identify themselves as DEC RZ29B, various
firmware levels (0007, 0009, 0014, 0016). It seems that these disks are
really Seagate ST15150N (Barracuda 4 GB, 1.6"). We would like to upgrade
the firmware on these disks to "normal" Seagate firmware - this is because
we want to use the disks in a NetApp F330 box which has specific needs
with respect to firmware revisions.

My question is: How can I do this upgrade myself? I've seen plenty of
references on this list to upgrading firmware on Quantum disks, but can't
remember seeing anything on upgrading Seagate firmware.