Date:      Thu, 23 Jun 2011 14:40:34 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mozilla retires Firefox 4 from security support

--------------enigC61C881927CEFFDDB7A7D074

On 23/06/2011 13:02, Robert Huff wrote:
> 	My morning-fogged mind says Version 4 was out less than a year.

Much less than a year.  V4 came out in April.

I'm wondering what the big deal is that Mozilla felt they needed to bump
the major version number?  There don't seem to have been many user
visible changes between 4 and 5, and (only seen momentarily flashing
past, so may not be correct) the delta between 4 and 5 that my Mac
downloaded was only about 10MB.  That doesn't seem to me to add up to
the sort of large scale reworking that a major version bump should imply.=

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                  Flat 3