Date:      Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:15:06 +0100
From:      adam@otterycomputers.com
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   RTL 8180L Wireless Network Card or Recommendations

Hi Guys,

Im not having much luck.

Initially I bought a D-Link G520+ WLAN card without checking the support =
and
later found that it is not supported under FreeBSD although I have plans =
to try
and change this ;-).

I am now trying a Q-Tec 774WP WLAN card which is actually a RTL 8180L chi=
pset.
This also seems to be unsupported? Has anyone had this card work for them=
?

pciconf -lv shows:

Class=3D0x020000
Card=3D0x818010ec
Chip=3D0x818010ec
rev=3D0x20
hdr=3D0x0
RTL 8180L IEEE 802.11b Wireless Mac and broadband processor

Above all else I would like to get a wireless network between two FeeBSD2=
.1
machines working ASAP. One will act as an Gateway to a wired Ethernet.

Can someone please recommend a 54mbps or even better a 108mbps card that =
will
definetly work with FreeBSD 5.2.1. Cost is also somewhat of a concern.

Thanks Adam.