Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 2002 00:13:39 -0400
From:      Webbie <webbie@ipfw.org>
To:        Andre Oppermann <oppermann@pipeline.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, jeker@n-r-g.com
Subject:   Re: New natd available

This is great news, thank you guys.

This is what I found during my testing.

#1. Connecting from w2k behind the fbsd using VPN doesn't work. Using
the original natd does not have this problem,

#2. rdr, can we redirect udp as well?

This is my conf file,
divert port natd -> dp1
nat on dp1 from any to any -> interface xl1
rdr on dp1 from any to interface xl1 port 53 -> 192.168.222.1 port 53

and this is my command line
/opt/natd/natd -dilrsvvvv -f /opt/natd/natd.conf

I am happy to provide more information if required.

> Hello all
>
> In the FreeBSD May-June 2002 Status Report we have announced a natd
> rewrite to make it's configuration options more powerful and support
> more ip addresses to nat to.
>
> The first functional preview is available here:
>
>  http://diehard.n-r-g.com/stuff/freebsd/
>
> Please check this out and test it with real traffic. We'd appreciate
> any feedback about the syntax and any bugs. It'll get some more style
> treatment before declaring it for full public consumption.

> new routing table is coming.
>
> --
> Andre

Webbie
                              \\|//
                              (o o)
 EMail          : mailto:webbie(at)ipfw(dot)org
 PGP Key        : http://www.ipfw.org/pgpkey.txt
 PGP Fingerprint: 1379 3D8A 024E 3C0E 1962  4E12 3742 0684 C29C 3537