Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:58:50 +0200
From:      "Marco Berizzi" <pupilla@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   ipsec & udp-encaps

Hello.
Since I keep running into problems with NAT traversal when implementing
IPSEC solutions, I've been looking at solutions offered by quite a few
of the commerical setups.

Seems that a pretty widely used solution is to send ESP encapsulated in
udp packets. Specifics for this kind of configuration can be found as
Internet drafts:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-udp-encaps-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-udp-encaps-justific
ation-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-nat-t-ike-01.txt

Is there any interest or plan for inclusion of this kind of
implementation into FreeBSD IPSec stack?