Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 1996 10:38:14 -0500
From:      dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
To:        Jerry Kendall <jerry@border.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD or BSDI

>> >I agree, BUT, that list of users can't look into the sources to try
>> >to find an answer....
>>
>> Why not? I have source....and so do many others. You just can't give
>> it to anyone.
>>
>> Dennis
>
>Which is how it limits this kind of support... Sure you can tell someone
>what to do to fix something, but, you can't give them the sources to fix
>a faulty program...

Well...the real issue is not that there is no source....because anyone can
get it. The issue is the COST of the source. So the real argument isn't
that "you cant do it" with BSDI....only that "its gonna cost you" to do it
with BSDI, to be accurate.

Dennis
Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous Communications Cards and Routers For
Discriminating Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame
Relay, PPP, HDLC, and X.25 for BSD/OS, FreeBSD
and LINUX