Date:      Fri, 06 Mar 1998 09:03:14 -0700
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        leifn@image.dk (Leif Neland)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI Bus redundancy...

In message <4bf_9803042116@swimsuit.swimsuit.roskildebc.dk> Leif Neland writes:
: A company I know has the production database in one location, and a
: backup database in another. The backup-database operates in
: "incremental restore" mode (for lack of a better word), and receives
: the redo-logs from the production database over a dedicated network
: link. So the backup-database is only a few minutes behind at most.

The company that I work for is producing a product called DataStar
(what a name) that operates at the disk block level to accomplish the
same thing.  We've found that a properly configured system is never
more than about a second behind in its updates.

Any FreeBSD interest in a disk mirroring product that mirrors data to
a remote location in realtime?  I'd love to do a FreeBSD port :-).

Warner